WireIE is a leader in Next Generation Communication Solutions. Our business is to transform telecommunications infrastructure to enable our clients to deliver a limitless network experience. If you are interested in being a part of a fast-growing company with an exciting future, this is the company for you.
We believe in Corporate Social Responsibility and give back to the communities we work in, helping to bridge the digital divide. Our “just get it done” attitude keeps everyone motivated and makes for a truly dynamic and fun working atmosphere. Come be a part of something exciting – join the WireIE team!
WireIE is deploying an IP based hybrid microwave/fiber optic broadband network that requires a skilled Transmission Engineer to develop and maintain the detailed wireless backhaul and access designs in our Engineering group.
In this role, the successful candidate will bring extensive and demonstrated Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint fixed wireless DESIGN experience.
This role requires a flexible candidate who is able to work well in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision. If you are the type of individual that takes ownership of your work and enjoys being part of a growing organization this could be an opportunity for you.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
· Expert at all stages of wireless Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint design
· Communicating with all levels of the organization (including executives), Carriers, and service partners
· Perform path profile analysis, line of sight verification, link budget, site survey, frequency & radio selection
· Perform RF coverage prediction and capacity planning, frequency planning and interference analysis
· Perform EMF radiation protection measurement and compliance calculations (e.g., Safety Code 6)
· Prepare spectrum licence applications for submission to local regulatory bodies
· Coordinate with Site Acquisition, Implementation, and Network Operations teams
· Provide pre-sales engineering support
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or post-secondary technical degree in telecommunications required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Microwave design and setup experience is MANDATORY
· MINIMUM 3+ years of extensive experience in fixed wireless telecommunications designing Point-to-Point and Point- to-Multipoint systems
· Technical knowledge of Layer 2 (Ethernet) and/or IP based technologies
· Experience using Pathloss or similar path design software
· Experience using EMF Visual or similar tools
· Hands on deployment and configuration experience with Point-to-Point and/or multipoint radio equipment is an asset
· Prior RF, microwave, and IP experience with a wireless service provider is highly desirable
· Network design, capacity planning and traffic engineering, WiMAX (or similar) experience
· Understanding of IP based system management and performance management best practices required